Monday, October 4, 2010

A trip to Remember




This year has been filled with a series of unexpected events and much spontaneous moments. A phone call in April from a friend got me slogging day and night at the dog shelter for 4 months, leaving me physically exhausted but soulfully recharged. It was a project that has changed me in many little ways and saw things differently. I saw the ugliest and the most beautiful side of human beings. I saw the selflessness of the fellow volunteers, the sacrifices everyone has made, and how hard everyone has worked towards a common goal. Thou tiring, it has been a wonderful 4 months.

I've been whining to my friends oh how tired i was and how much i needed a break, and Pearly has been "forcing" me to take the break, to get away and rejuvenate....休息是为了走更长远的路。(U need a rest for longer roads ahead) I was all set for a vacation..but to where? I made plans for Bhutan, Manado, Taiwan and decided on Korea in the end. Life has a weird way of twisting around and leading you to places, to new experiences. You don't quite know why you're there at this moment, but later down the road you'll always discover a reason for the choices you make.

Korea proved to be the most amazing trip by far, made wonderful new friends, almost eat myself to death. Had the best travel companion i can ask for. And truly experience Korea for what it is. A trip i will always hold close to heart.


The first crimson sign that marks the arrival of autumn...and it makes me happy.

Looking in from outside.

The ending of summer, slow withering of the once proud and beautiful sunflowers. I imagine a simple and lovely family living in that house, 2 little children prancing around the gardens in summer amongst the once beautiful and proud sun flowers.

If this was the last meal i have to eat....i will die happy. Best Galbi ever!! Real cheap too. My mouth waters thinking of it.

A ray of hope on the far side of the sea. A breath taking moment

The shimmering lights in the city like a precious jewel from Namsan Tower. I felt like i was at the top of the world at that moment.

Ahh...the most sinful indulgence....Samgeopsal with a big bottle of Makgeoli...what else can a gal ask for?

Sitting infront of a million promises made by lovers feel so surreal. I wish for all their wishes to come true.
A little note, a little promise, a little prayer made at the top of the world. I wonder why there...perhaps it was as near to heaven as they could go.

The beautiful people i met on my trip in Daegu. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment